Monday, August 17, 2009

8 weeks

Today I am 8 weeks 5 days pregnant. This past Wednesday I had my first appointment at the hospital. It wasn't really too terribly exciting. All we talked about was family history. But, we did schedule our next appointment for the 25th of August. I will be about 10 weeks by then, and Caleb will be leaving for Iraq soon after. So, the nurse scheduled us with a doctor who could possibly do an ultrasound. I am hoping he is nice so I don't have to beg too much! (Keep your fingers crossed, pray, or whatever you need to do so that we can see our little one... and get a print out picture for Caleb to take with him.)

After this appointment, I will be doing group appointments. They will be 2 hours long with the 1st hour with my individual care provider. I will get to meet many other women, soon-to-be mothers also. I hope I like the appointments this way!

I still am not showing, but I bought my first 2 pairs of maternity jeans. They are THE most comfortable pants I have ever worn! I am thinking about wearing them after I have the baby. But, I am also hoping that I lose weight afterward, so I have a feeling that that will not work! Still, if anyone wants a comfortable pair of pants, maternity is the way to go!

I also have this thing about buying baby clothes. I know that I will get a TON at my baby showers, but I just can't help going into stores, seeing the small clothes, and not leaving the store without at least one outfit! I think I need help! On the good side, all of the clothes I have bought are either on sale or from thrift stores, so I haven't been doing too bad! I just know I need to stop!

Caleb and I spent 2 hours the other day registering at Babies R Us. It was a lot of fun picking out what we want, but there is SO much we don't know. (They gave us a book with advice for picking out certain items in it AFTER we were already registered!) Now we just need to register at Target and continue to put Disney/kids movies in our wish list on Amazon.com and we will be ready for people to start shopping for us. (Hint, hint... haha!!)

I am just 4 weeks away from being done with the first trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment