Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm Thankful for...

My miscarriage. 

That may be strange to say, but really, both Caleb and I would not be where we are today without it.  Let's look:

- I would never have lost 53 pounds.
- I would not be working at my job and meeting new friends there.
- I would not have found the BEST OB/GYN ever!!
- Caleb would not have gotten to meet his son/daughter until 5 months old.
- Caleb would not have gotten to be around for the pregnancy (appointments, feeling kicks, etc)
- I would not be eating as healthy as I am now.
- My blood pressure would not be AMAZING (116/54).
- Caleb and I became closer because of it.
- My faith got stronger because of it.
- My friendships grew because of it.
- Caleb and I would not have gotten to do some of the things that we have done recently.
- I would not be enjoying this pregnancy as much without it.
- Certain things in life would just not have meant as much without it.

Thank you, God, for giving me Hope even if just for a short time.  You had a plan for me before I was ever born, and I'm so thankful!

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Romans 15:13 (NIV). 

No comments:

Post a Comment