Friday, July 31, 2009

6 weeks

Today I am 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant! Last night at 3:30am I was jolted from my sleep when I felt a horribly sharp pain in my abdomen and pelvis. I decided to go to the ER because it was very scary! They did a blood test, a U/A, and a pelvic exam. The U/A was normal. The pelvic exam showed that I have bacterial vaginosis. And, my hCG was 8000, so I am still pregnant, but the doctor didn't know how that correlated to what was actually going on inside. He ordered an ultrasound so that they could check and make sure I didn't have an ectopic pregnancy. But, I had to wait until 7:30am for the ultrasound department to open up and it was only about 5am at that point. I thought that I would be able to go home and wait for them to open, but they told me to stay there!

I was happy that one of the nurses brought me in a warm blanket. At 5:30am I let Caleb know that I would be getting an ultrasound sometime after 7:30am and I wanted him there. I tried to sleep on the hard exam chair, but I only got about 30 minutes of sleep. A hospital is definitely not the place to get a good night of sleep! Then, Caleb got to the hospital, and we waited only a little while before we were worked in to get an ultrasound.

It was a trans-vaginal ultrasound, so it felt very funny! But, luckily, we got to see the baby! The ultrasound tech was not actually supposed to show us, but I kept asking if we would get to see and she was just very nice! The baby was in it's sac and you could also see the yolk sac and the heart beating at 140bpm. It was really nice to see, and I am glad that Caleb got to see it!

The doctor said that the pain was from my round and broad ligaments stretching which is normal. I was sent home with some Clindamycin for the bacterial vaginosis at about 8:30am. Now all I need to do is catch up on sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment